Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Camping 2010

We did not get a chance to go camping at all this summer, so last weekend we decided to get ourselves into the mountains before the temperature drops too low. We were both done with work by 2:00 and were able to get up the mountain and find a campsite before dinner time. We headed up the Nebo Loop and eventually found the perfect camping spot at the end of a very twisty and bumpy dirt road. It was very secluded and we had a view of  Utah valley and Utah lake through the trees. The one drawback to the campsite is that there are cows wandering around the mountain and they left some very lovely cow pies at our campsite. We were able to use some of the dry ones as fuel for our fire, but after the sun went down I ended up stepping in a fresh one. We heard a lot of elk calls as well, but we are not sure if they were hunters or actual elk. We are going to assume that we heard a mixture of both. We had a great time with just the two of us and we are thinking about doing it again next weekend!

These pictures have terrible resolution because we took them using our video camera, but I am posting them anyway!



2 comments:

Krystal said...

jealous. It has been so long since we've been camping. I'm tempted to pull my tent out and sleep on my front lawn. :)

sorry about the cow pie. That stinks. . .no pun intended.

Kayli said...

White sweater while camping?! You're crazy! Hahaha. I'm glad you guys had fun! I'm so jealous. I don't have anyone to camp with anymore. I need more single friends!