Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lets Make Some Cake!

I love baking. Actually I love, love, love, love, LOVE baking. I am torn between what I want to do with my life. Do I want to sew wedding dresses? Or do I want to go to culinary school and end up making wedding (and other) cakes? I don't know yet, but in the mean time I am baking up a storm. The other day after talking about cake decorating, I was told referred to a really cool site by Krystal called cake central. I cannot tell you how much I love this site! My first time on the site was Friday night, and i ended up staying up to reading recipes and forums and look at pictures and videos until 2:00 a.m.! You got me hooked Krystal!

Well on Friday night I saw that someone had posted information about wrapping a cake with chocolate. I saw the cake and instantly decided "I HAVE to do that". So two days later I have been given a chance to make a magnificent cake, because McKay happend to invite some people from the ward over for desert. I ended up making a chocolate cake, iced with chocolate ganache, wrapped it in white and dark chocolate layers, and covered it in white chocolate shavings (they were supposed to be curls, but my chocolate was too brittle). Chocoholic Heaven! Maybe that is what i will have to call it.

To get the layers of chocolate around the cake i had to spread the chocolate on a piece of plastic, then wrap it around the cake and place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. You have to repeat that for each layer (I found out that white chocolate sets much faster than dark chocolate). I ended up using the left over chocolate i had to do some piping along the bottom because i didn't want to waste it.

Here is the cake chilling in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.

This lets you see all of the chocolate shavings on top. I was going to cover it with chocolate covered strawberries, but they were $4.00 per package and I am not made of money.

If anyone wants more detailed instructions on how to make this cake just let me know and I would be happy to fill you in.

4 comments:

Kayli said...

LINNY! You did SUCH a great job on it! How did it taste? Any leftovers?? ;)

Anonymous said...

On December 14th,an Iraqi journalist,Zayida threw his shoes straight forward President Bush,and abused Bush at high & rude

voice.It is reported that the shoes’brand is of the series of UGG.
This incident,to a great extent,shows how regretful & disgusted the Iraqi people feel to the American president,and

that they are extremely resentful & rebellious at Bush’s administration during the 8 years.

Rachel Lowry said...

Linz! That looks divine! I am totally checking out this site!

Kayli said...

You're slacking on the posts, Linny! :)