Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Magnets

I feel like such a smart mom right now. I am sure I am not the first person to do this, but I felt pretty smart when the idea to do this hit me.


I spend a good chunk of my time in the kitchen because that is just who I am. I love to cook and bake, so the kitchen is my happy place. Well, since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, Madelynn does too. Now that she is mobile she likes to crawl around on the kitchen floor. About 2 weeks ago she discovered the magnets on the fridge and realized that she could pull them off. Since then she will spend quite a while just sitting in front of the fridge playing with the magnets.

 Now McKay and I collect magnets. Whenever we go on a trip somewhere we buy a magnet. We have some super awesome magnets in our collection, but they are NOT baby friendly. So I decided to make Madelynn her own collection of magnets to play with. I went through the random stuff that we have lying around our apartment and then went through my mothers massive collection of kids toys and hot glued some strong magnets I bought at the craft store to the back of a bunch of toys and nick knacks. I have to say, they are a hit. She will play with them in front of the fridge like usual, but now she will also crawl over to the fridge and pull a magnet off and crawl away with it in tow! Like I said, I feel like one smart mama right now.




No comments: